Online Progressive Jackpots
Online progressives are usually part of a network across several different online casinos.
Let’s say for example that Microgaming casinos have a big progressive jackpot machine (a perfect example would be Mega Moolah Canada). Everyone that takes a chance playing Mega Moolah in the hopes of winning the potentially massive jackpot is also contributing to the overall jackpot total.
This means that a progressive machine will just keep growing and growing, usually pretty quickly too. The really cool thing with progressive slots is that you can actually watch their totals growing with every second at your favourite online casino!
Most online casinos will carry at least a few progressive jackpot games to satisfy the demand and these are always the most tempting slots to play because their potential payout is always big, sometimes a few million CAD big!
Some of the biggest and most popular online progressive slots include:
Mega Moolah: The king of all progressive games! Mega Moolah is a Microgaming designed progressive jackpot machine and is the only machine that is in the Guinness Book of World Records for the biggest payout ever, somewhere in the region of $20 million plus!
Major Millions: Another highly successful Microgaming progressive slot machine which pays out on a regular basis anywhere upwards of $500,000 every few weeks.
King Cashalot: Yep, you’ve guessed it, another Microgaming progressive machine that often pays out over one million and is a nine payline game with a seed of $100,000. The most so far that this game has paid out is around $1.5 million.
Marvel Mystery: The Marvel Mystery Multi-level progressive is Playtech’s answer to Microgaming’s total domination of the online casino progressive jackpot slots market. Playtech’s Marvel Mystery slots are enormously popular and form a massive network of progressive machines across multiple online casinos. Fantastic Four is probably their most famous and popular progressive slot.
Jackpot Giant: Jackpot Giant progressive slot game is Playtech’s other answer to Microgaming’s famous Mega Moolah. The Giant has 5 reels and 50 paylines and a 1 cent minimum bet per payline. You can get a bonus where the giant starts flipping coins in the volcano or if you get 5 wilds across payline 1 while playing with max bet, you get the jackpot!
Progressive Slot Tips:
Playing progressive slots is a serious business and is quite different from playing other regular online slots real money. Casino Canuck wants you to be prepared so that you can have the most fun and the best experience playing some of Canada’s most popular online progressive jackpot games.
Always remember to:
- Choose your coin value: Choosing the coin value that you want to play at is an important first step before you start spinning the reels of your chosen progressive game. Most progressive games have several options here and you can choose the one that makes you feel the most comfortable. Remember though that progressive games require you to bet max in order to qualify for the big jackpot.
- It’s all about the paylines: While it is true that progressive jackpot games require you to bet the max, players who prefer to stretch out their money or are playing on a tight budget can do a few things to see their dollars go a bit further. If you can’t bet the max coin size you can make up for it by betting the max number of paylines. This will help to make your coins last while giving you the best chance of seeing good returns off every spin.
- Pay close attention to every spin: Progressive slots are usually very busy and fast games with plenty going on all the time. It is critically important to pay attention all the time, unlike other types of slots where you can simply hit the auto spin button, online progressive require you to be aware of each and every spin, as it happens!
- Be your own bookkeeper: Progressive jackpot slots are all about the big money, these are the serious slots and most players invest a lot in trying to hit the big pay day. It is important to take your progressive gaming seriously, treat it like a business venture and be your own bookkeeper. Keep a score sheet of every win and every loss on every spin that you make. This can be tedious but, at the end of the day, you will know exactly how much you have spent, won and lost.
- Check the RTP of the slot game: Progressive slot games often have lower return to player percentage than other high payout slots. This is the cost of potentially winning huge. For instance, Mega Moolah has an RTP of 97% but 8.8% of that is attributed to the jackpot.
Progressive jackpot slots can be enormous fun and will definitely take care of that adrenaline that you may be having right now!
Progressive jackpot games take serious dedication but in the end can win massive amounts of money, with just one spin – the right one!
Remember to check out the top online casinos that Casino Canuck have curated just for you. Take the time to read through our recommendations as well as our advice on which progressive to look for and how to best approach your progressive jackpot adventure for the best results possible.