Welcome/Sign Up bonuses
Welcome or sign-up bonuses can be very attractive and enticing but it’s also important to keep in mind that every casino bonus offer comes with strings attached.
These strings usually take the form of wagering or ‘play through’ requirements and limitations.
It is important to thoroughly understand what these are as they relate to each specific bonus offer If you don’t meet the bonus requirements regardless of how much you win you cannot withdraw until you have played – through the deposit as many times as required for that bonus on your first deposit.
- Bonuses must be ‘played through’ i.e. 20X or 30X etc. ($20 bonus wagered 20x = $400 wager requirement)
- Different casino games also count towards wagering requirements, and each type will be calculated as a percentage
- Take a look at the low wagering requirement percentages:
- 888 Casino- Video Slots & Slots, Arcade, Dice = 100%. Roulette, Triple Card Poker, and Poker table games = 20%. Blackjack &Video Poker = 10%.
- Betway Casino– All Slots and Parlor games = 100%. All Table Pokers, Roulette games, Video Poker (except all Aces and Jacks and Better video/Power Pokers), Blackjack (except Classic Blackjack, Casino War = 8%.
- Casino Room– This online stipulates the same wagering conditions as Betway Casino with 100% on all slots and 8% on other games such as Roulette and Blackjack.
- You may also come across some online casinos referring to ‘Play Through Requirements’, do not be alarmed as this is the same as the term-wagering requirements.
- Essentially either term is simply an agreement between you and the online casino that you intend to play at, they give you a bonus (free money) and they expect you to stick around for a bit.
Another thing to note about bonus offers has to do with limitations. You will notice that most bonus offers contain the words “up to” as in “Up to $100 Welcome Bonus”.
What this essentially means is that the casino won’t necessarily give you a full $100 in bonus money. This is where you need to dig into that casinos T’s & C’s and checkout the fine print.
Some casinos will require a certain level of playing activity in the first week of a fresh sign-up.
- The player needs to wager at least $20 in their first week at the casino to get $20 in bonus money.
- In addition, the player needs to wager a further $500 in their first month which will earn them an additional $40 in bonus money.
- If the casino stipulates that the player needs to wager $2000 in their second month to receive the final $40 that makes up a total bonus offer of $100, they would have met the wagering requirement of that particular bonus offer.
Free spins, and in particular free spins no deposit casino Canada, are a standard way for online casinos to add a little extra something to the mix to entice new players to join. There a few types of free spins bonuses. Most require a minimum deposit to trigger and some require you to deposit a few times to get all the free spins. Of course, there are casinos that offer no deposit bonuses that only require you to sign up. These free spins are usually a lot more restricted in how much you can win. Then there are no wager or keep what you win free spins which allow you to cash out immediately any winnings.
More Online Casino Rewards
While many online casinos offer cash bonuses for using preferred payment methods, others may offer bonuses in other forms. Some online casinos may choose to offer free spins on slot machines to reward players for using e-wallets as their payment option. Other online casinos may offer free entry into tournaments, competitions and lucky draws. Some online casinos may choose to boost your VIP level for using certain payment methods consistently.
As a VIP player, you will be entitled to further bonuses such as reload bonuses. This means that your online casino account will automatically be reloaded with a certain bonus amount each month. The amount may vary depending on the online casino you are playing at, the amount of time you have been a member and the frequency that you play.
Advantages of Preferred Payment Bonuses
Preferred payment bonuses are becoming increasingly popular in the online gaming industry. Most online casinos prefer payment via e-wallets such as PayPal. Unfortunately it is not available for use in Canada so you will have to settle for some more Canadian options. There are more and more Interac E-Transfer casino and Interac Online casino options and you can always visit an eCheck Casino Canada. If you already use these payment methods for online gaming, then you are not losing anything or being asked to sacrifice anything. In fact, you are getting a bonus just for doing what you always do.
The advantages for players is that you receive a bonus just for using one of the above mentioned payment methods. The bonus may vary depending on the online casino that you are playing at. However, most online casinos offer preferred payment bonuses of between 5 to 20% of your initial deposit amount.
Players can take advantage of this by searching for and playing at all casinos that offer this preferred payment bonus. So in addition to receiving any other bonus that the online casino offers, you will now also get an extra bonus, which can really help to give you a slightly padded bankroll.
Bonus clearing techniques
Some online casinos offer lower wagering requirements than others, making it much easier to reach them so that you can begin to withdraw your winnings. Some examples of online casinos with low wagering requirements include 888 Casino and Royal Vegas. This gives them a great advantage when ranking the best online casino welcome bonuses.
There are also way and means to clear wagering requirements quicker:
- Playing all the games that reflect a higher wager requirement percentage. It is a good idea to check with the casino to see which games will offer you more points towards your wagering requirements and begin playing those games exclusively.
- Don’t do anything that might put your bonus at risk. The most common example of this is trying to cash out any winnings before the bonus wagering requirements have been met.
Choose the right sort of Welcome Bonus for your particular needs. It doesn’t really make sense to take advantage of a welcome bonus offer that doesn’t include slots for example, if you happen to be the biggest Canadian online slots fanatic.
In any case, casino bonuses are a vital part of the online casino industry and are an excellent way to get into the deep end of online casino gaming (consider the online casino bonuses as water-wings while you learn to swim in the casino pool).
If you get a bit lost, feel free to return to Casino Canuck’s guide on everything related to online casino bonuses and remember to check out our list of Top 10 Canadian online casinos.