Playing Slots for Real Money
Once you decide to play online slots for real money you will need to consider a few things. Free slots are a good way to learn about how to play so you can be sure that when real money is on the line, you will not make rookie mistakes. In order to play with your hard-earned cash, you will need to pick an real money online casino in Canada. Start with our list of the best casinos, choose your banking methods like Interac, Instadebit or iDebit, then start playing with a good Welcome Bonus that may include free spins on your favourite slot game. Once you sign up and deposit money you need to make sure you manage your bankroll and keep it fun. It is easy to get caught up in the fun of real money online slots, so make sure you keep your head about you as you gamble.
Free Slot Games
All Free Slot Games
What to look out for:
To choose a slot, we have identified a few key features you may want to checkbox:
- The number of reels and paylines on offer
- The coin value variety that one can use per spin
- The particular payout percentage* of that slot game
- The additional features, bonus screens, game symbols and so on
*‘Payout percentage’ refers to the percentage at which a particular game ‘returns’ winnings or ‘pays out’. A payout ratio that you will be looking for is around 95 to 98%.
Basics: Types of Online slots games
As you may have gathered by now, there are thousands and thousands of different online slots Canadian players can choose from.
Feeling slightly bewildered?
Have no fear! Casinocanuck is here to cut through the clatter and help you find the best online slot games, quickly and easily!
Real money slots
This is the real deal, choosing this mode or option will require you to open an account with a casino, deposit real money into it and then wager that real money in a real money slots game. This is only recommended once you have the hang of things and know what you’re doing.
The second mode available in most slots games is known as the ‘demo’ or free mode. Here the casino lets you play the game for free, or gives you some free money to try out a particular slots game. This is the best way to find out what kind of slots games you like, how they work and what they have to offer, before betting real money on them. To play the most popular online slot games for free, visit our free slots games section.
Classic slots can be thought of as the first generation of slot games. Classic slots consist of three reels and as little as a single pay line or as many as five. They are very easy to play and are the best choice for new online slots players to start with.
Video slots have five reels with multiple pay lines (some as high as 200 or more). Video slots feature incredible graphics, often in HD, with great animations and additional bonus games, screens and super-cool game symbols including multipliers, wilds and scatters. Video slots also offer additional free spins which makes them a popular choice for seasoned online slots players.
Progressive jackpot slots offer incredible excitement along with the always huge potential to win millions of dollars instantly! Progressive slot games are a network, with the same game across a number of different online casinos. As each player adds more coins per spin, the jackpot grows and grows, until….KABOOM!! You’re a millionaire!!
Although less of a thrill as the pot itself remains the same, non-progressive jackpots can be won from by two people less than two minutes after each other. So if you win a $200,000 jackpot you can then pick up the same again on your next spin. In other words, the jackpot amount that is on offer is "fixed" and not affected by the number of players playing the game.
How slots work
Online slots are slightly different to classic slots, and are more advanced offering many alternative ways to win big:
Wild symbol replaces a missing symbol
Scatter = Bonus game
Spin the reels for free
Why play slots? The Casino Canuck explanation:
- Thousands of titles to choose from
- Unique themes and stories
- Interactive and special bonus rounds
- Easy to get into, small learning curve
- Useful built in features such as ‘auto play mode’
- Can play in CAD
- Can bet low amounts and still have a great opportunity to cash in
- Different styles including classic three reel, five reel video slots and progressive jackpots
- Some Canadian themed online slots make it more fun
- Potentially huge jackpot payouts for very little risk
Got another reason? We would love to hear it ! Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your reason for playing slots.
Different Slots Software providers
There are lots of different online casino software providers and some of them are more general while others prefer to focus on specific casino aspects such as online slots.
Checkout Casino Canuck’s list of top software providers and their best games:
- Microgaming: Microgaming is one of the oldest and most experienced software providers, having been there at the birth of the online casino industry in the early nineties. This online casino software giant is virtually unmatched in the sheer number of quality games it has produced. Microgaming also produce games for Instant Play (Flash) casinos and mobile platforms. Top titles include Avalon II, Break da Bank, Thunderstruck and Mega Moolah.
- Playtech: Playtech have been in the game almost as long and are well-known for producing user-friendly, innovative slot games, many with cool 3D graphics. The brand is also well-known for their fantastic Marvel slots (no longer active), Universal and Activision slots. Top Playtech games include Blade, Captain America, Call of Duty 4, Fantastic 4, Daredevil, Rocky, Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3 and many others.